Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are happy to announce that we are resuming our normal services. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control standards that EXCEED the recommendations made by the BC Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control and the Worksafe BC. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. At the office all staff and patients will have their temperature taken and screening questions reviewed..
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and we will ask you to do your best to maintain social distancing and practice respiratory etiquette.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• To reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time, we may ask patients to wait in their vehicles and come unaccompanied if possible.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 604-278-1907 or 604-273-9491.